The Lower Primary (from 6 to 10) includes three sets of skills: general, interdisciplinary, and essential. By gaining general skills, the student should be able to:
- Use cultural, scientific and technological skills to understand reality and address situations and problems of their day-to-day lives.
- Use the different languages of culture, science and technology to express themselves properly.
- Use Portuguese to communicate properly and structure their own thinking.
- Use foreign languages to communicate properly in everyday situations and to get information:
- Adapt customised work and learning methodologies to the goals that were set.
- Search, select and organize information to transform into knowledge that they can use.
- Adopt proper strategies to problem solving and decision making.
- Perform activities autonomously, responsibly and creatively.
- Cooperate with others while doing tasks and common projects.
- Relate with their body and environment harmoniously, from the personal and interpersonal standpoint that promotes health and quality of life.